Sunday, August 06, 2006

Indian High Court Gets It On

An Indian Court has ruled that marriage without sex is "cruelty". (link to The Telegraph, via samachar.com)

The euphemisms in the story are just as amusing as the story. "Principal obligation", "biological urge" and my favorite: "cohabitation".

I hope the woman in question never actually used those words with her husband. Somehow, "honey, shall we now fulfill our principal obligation and satisfy our biological urge?" doesn't quite sound right.

By the way, if marriage without sex is cruelty, is sex without marriage kindness?

My one and only cohabitant scowled at me. I think it means she doesn't like that last joke.

6 comments:

Tabula Rasa said...

oops, there goes your principal obligant, eh? just lost interest.

Anonymous said...

lolololol!

Alok said...

"harmonious sexual activity in marriage had an extremely favourable influence on a woman’s mind and body."

lol!!! these judges are funny people :))

GhostOfTomJoad said...

There was some very encouraging piece of news this morning...a German scientist, who is developing an anti-stupidity pill, has reported very encouraging results of its tests on mice and fruit flies.

But, I'm just wondering...can they make enough of those pills?

km said...

Ghost, I've often wondered, how do they make a mouse and a fruitfly swallow those pills? Wait, don't tell me - I need that pill too.

TR, when your principal loses interest, I'd say it's time to withdraw and make a fresh deposit elsewhere. OK, this one is probably going to get us *all* banned from blogging.

Alok, a funny judge who seems to have his heart in the right place. He just needs a better soundbite writer.

Hey, Arun, you seem to be undercover these days?

Tabula Rasa said...

ha! made you say that!