Monday, August 01, 2005

Of Sights Unseen - in Bombay

Amit in an e-mail to me (seriously, man, do you ever sleep?) about the Bombay rains: "But some of the stuff I see, never seen anything like it before."

I thought I would never see stuff like what I had seen in '92 and '93 when I lived in Bombay. It was so damn grotesque and gruesome - and unfamiliar.

Then we lived through 9/11. I never thought I would see Apache helicopters flying low, low over our backyards, in a full-blooded September sunset. The sound of their rotor blades thwack-thwacking in the late summer air, reminding us all of that famous sequence from Apocalypse Now. I half-expected to hear the Valkyries come crashing through the clouds.

Again, so frustratingly unfamiliar.

Now the pictures of the cloudburst and the aftermath are here to confound us.

Here's praying everyone is safe, warm and dry in Bombay. Today, tomorrow, always.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Admin,
I am looking for some good potential sites like yours for link exchange. I reviewed your
site and found that, in SEO perspective your site is Perfect. Also, this would
be a great resource for my visitors.
I would request you to consider adding our website in your links.

The site I would like to suggest for inclusion is..

http://www.forexfreedownload.com



Here is the detail of the site..
Title : Forex Download
Description : An automated forex trading software for all forex trading needs.
Url: http://www.forexfreedownload.com

Your links will be added here after your approval.
http://forexfreedownload.com/forex-download.htm

I assure you both of us would be equally benefitted by this linking method.

Thank you very much for your time and support. I look forward to hear from you soon!

Best Regards,
Lucky
luckyking05@gmail.com