Friday, August 12, 2005

The Haircut Must Really, Really Suck

This horror-humor-moral tale found on Star of Mysore, my online window to my most favorite city in the world.

Seeking the payment of paltry sum of Rs. 15, cost a barber his life in the Buzurg village of Uttar Pradesh, reports UNI

Look, Dev Kumarji, I don't know what you were expecting for 15 rupees, but here in the States, even 15 dollars doesn't buy me a decent haircut. We look at the mirror held behind our heads for a few nano-seconds, feel our hearts sink at the sight of the unevenly mowed hair, mumble a "shithatethis", shell out the 15 bucks, add 2 dollars as tip, thank the lady for her time and drive off into the sunset.

But as a principle, we never, ever stab the hairdresser. Even though we often feel like doing it.

You can insult them, change salons, grow your hair really long, shave it off, but murder? That is just too extreme a feedback.

2 comments:

J. Alfred Prufrock said...

Which could be why Bruce Willis has a buzz-cut. I can vouch for its convenience, once a week with a trimmer and there you are.

The trimmer costs only a little more than two haircuts.

Just a thought.

J.A.P.

km said...

Must the punk attitude of DIY be extended to haircuts? Am I man enough to face the world after a self-administered haircut?

Someday, I will find out.

Krishna