Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Peas Peas Me

Does anyone else see violinist Anne-Sophie Mutter's name and think of Mutter Paneer?

I just had to put down the New York Philharmonic's 2010 season catalog last night to raid the refrigerator. (The best I could do was a bag of frozen peas and an unopened packet of paneer.)

Why, I wonder, does seeing Pavarotti's name in print not lead to cravings for bread? [Pav (in Marathi) = Pão (in Portuguese) = bread and Roti = a type of Indian bread. A good thing his first name isn't Nanni. Opera fans can't live on bread alone.]

3 comments:

Fëanor said...

All I can say is I'm glad she's not an opera singer. How could she be? All she does is mutter.

??! said...

Oh please. We've been doing 'Pav aur Roti' for yeaaars now.

km said...

??!: maybe so, but I never said I only noticed his name *now*.