Sunday, December 30, 2007

Titleness Eludes Me

I've been sifting through old photo albums. Pictures from my childhood. You know how biographies of famous people contain at least one picture that is a sign of things to come? An astronaut's album has a picture of him (or her) as a kid, wearing a spacesuit. Or a fuzzy picture of a business tycoon manning a lemonade stand at the age of five etc.

Well, I managed to find two photographs of me at the age of three. In both those pictures, I am comfortably and contentedly perched on a sofa. All right!
---

Taare Zameen Par: a two hour-long PSA? But that doesn't quite explain why so many people seem to be going in for repeat viewings.
---

I am simply dreading The Party tomorrow. Indian DJs seem to have (suddenly?) discovered electronica. (Correction: they have discovered boring electronica. Most other DJs here still seem to be spinning The Eagles and Def Leppard.) And when those break-beats begin, they like to turn up the volume beyond 10. How am I going to proclaim my undying friendship to drunk strangers and hatch business plans now?

7 comments:

Tabula Rasa said...

on the sofa?

and in case the volume stays stuck above 10 -- happy new ear :-)

Space Bar said...

happy new year.

and TR, I'm so happy to have left a fatta on your blog. new ear?! sheesh.

Tabula Rasa said...

yeah! we will conquer.

Phantasmagoria said...

Oh-oh, TR is on a roll. Muststophim. Muststophim. And since you aren't on my mail list, enjaai maadi the 2008.

Tabula Rasa said...

mustophim, mustophim, don't worry mustophim

Crime Master said...

//Well, I managed to find two photographs of me at the age of three. In both those pictures, I am comfortably and contentedly perched on a sofa. All right!

There's a picture of mine - I think I am 2-3 years old - and I am hanging on a tree. Hmm.. wonder what that means!

km said...

To all: sorry for the late response, happy new year and all that.

crime master: you were always meant to be a blood-sucking vampire bat, no?